Mel Ting

  • Carpi Diem…love that! I live on the  southern most coast of Maine.  It’s a grey day here, and the crispness of  fall is in the air, but the beach has it’s own kind of beauty right now. I hope you are having a great and successful day at the beach,  Gayle. Glad you have begun.  Welcome to this side of 5 biting!

    Yes, I want this toxic fat GONE…[Read more]

  • What I love about this plan is that if we just do it, it takes care of the weight loss on its own. We just eat our recommended portions  and voila! Down another pound (or more!) ! As I’ve heard Dr. Lewis say,”One foot in front of the other.”

    I’ve started thinking about my 5 bites, or my bar, as a prescription, an Rx, from Dr. Lewis. (I come at…[Read more]

  • Hello All!

    Dr Lewis I just love that idea too…we GET to do this.  My “want to do this/get to do this”  effortlessly pulls me forward. My “have to to do this/should do this” shoves me from behind.  It’s a much different experience between the two.  The first is full of joy, the second is full resentment.

    Mel, I had a great day yesterday – sup…[Read more]

  • Hi all,

    I love reading these posts.  I get so excited when I see a new one!

    Gayle, I’m so glad you got my text.  I wasn’t sure it would reach you.  I’m glad you are rejoining for a bit.  It will be fun to watch you nail it back down before it gets out of hand.  As we get older, it gets harder, but only without the 5BD.  This is an amazing tool!…[Read more]

  • Go Mel!  Can’t wait to hear about your progress.  My weigh in is this Weds.  I can’t wait to see what I’ve accomplished also.

  • Carmel replied to the topic Lessons learned in the forum The Slimming Station Diet 5 years ago

    Thanks Gayle for chiming in!  So glad to see you here!  A smaller portions and a healthy relationship with food is  definitely what I’m after. :yes:

  • Hip Hip Hooray!!!  So proud of you!  You inspired me and I moved off bars yesterday to real food…5 perfect bites too!  We are doing it!

  • Congrats Mel!!! :dance:  As my grandmother used to say, “That’s nothing to sneeze at!”  Which I think was the 1940’s way of saying “it’s worth noting!” Great work!  You are inspiring!

    “Carmel style”…you made me laugh. :-)  I feel  like the least of examples (but my enthusiasm DOES run high!)

    Patient endurance wins the race.

     

     

  • Mel, my best to you going forward this week with 5 bites.  I know you will crush it!

    Healthy RN, my best to you too starting a fresh on so many levels at once.  You sound like a very strong person. I know you will get your rhythm soon, and have the joy of controlling your health through weight loss.

    We are really doing something truly amazing f…[Read more]

  • Thanks for all the VERY encouraging and inspiring words Mel!  I’m so excited by your resolve and success!  Yesterday and today I’ve nailed it!  I had another drama moment come my way last night, and I pushed through.  I confronted it with healthy boundaries,  and I did not turn to food to offset the pain.   The whole situation dissolved rathe…[Read more]

  • Good work Mel!!! :woowoo: Congrats on being back on track!  You know, this past week is the first time I’ve stepped into the community forum.  I’m so glad I did.  It really makes a difference to have community accountability.

  • Mel, I love your observation that bigger bites don’t taste better. I know you are going to recover from this :-) Stress bites don’t taste better either lol. If we were perfect we wouldn’t be here. But it’s so good to be here :dance:

  • Thanks for sharing your burger story! It could be really hard in the moment sometimes, and something very primal gets the better of us. Yesterday I had a challenge with some emotional drama invading my life. With this particular person I have very porous emotional boundaries and it got the better of me. I need to work on my boundaries with this…[Read more]

  • Carmel replied to the topic Lessons learned in the forum The Slimming Station Diet 5 years ago

    Thanks, Dr. Lewis.  I’m SOOOO glad to be back!

     

  • That is so inspiring Mel!! Keep up the good work. I’m rooting for us!

     

    Let’s keep checking in! I love the accountability.

  • Good morning!  Great plan Mel. Your food sounds yummy!  Glad you have found a routine that you like. I had a great day yesterday and am fasted this morning minus 2 cups of  black coffee with some stevia.  The plan for this first week back are bars only for 7 days. I’ll stick to 11 AM and 3 PM.  (I live in the Eastern Time Zone USA) I take my mult…[Read more]

  • Hi Mel!

    I’m definitely doing better emotionally the last 2 days! Just taking it day by day. We closed on our house yesterday and my husband took me to my favorite Mediterranean restaurant to celebrate and I did really well. I’ve been staying in the 7-10 bite range. I know it’s not perfect but it’s working for me. I have fibromyalgia and have been…[Read more]

  • Hello All,  Great question Mel, and a great idea! I agree with you, HealthyRN, a much needed encouragement and time to put stress eating and extra bites in the rear view mirror. It’s time to seize our very amazing opportunity.  We can do this!  Today I had 5 bites at 11 (a 2 oz luna bar) and I’m waiting to have my next meal between 4 and 5 PM.  L…[Read more]

  • Central!

  • Load More