Mel Ting

  • Just checking in to let you know I will  not be in tonights meeting.  I took my husband away on a 2 day vacation celebrating my his  bday.  I forgot about my upcoming plans when I was in last week’s meeting.  (still 5-biting while away) But I’ll be back next week.

    This past week I had less than stellar weight loss.  Down 3.3  lbs for the week.…[Read more]

  • Hi Mel, I hope you are doing well today.

    Thank you, my husband is a pretty awesome guy! We have been married for 34 years and, over the course of MOST of our life together,  he has watched me chase this and that…studying the minutia of nutrition, doing various diets (almost non-stop through the years), doing lengthy fasts,  and doing all s…[Read more]

  • Thank you Mel.  We encourage each other, truly!  I like that “5BD Power Team” LOL. I agree…weight loss GOLD!  Dr. Lewis is so patient and kind…and enthusiastic is the understatment of the day concerning him.  But I guess when you’re that thin energy and happy  truly abound.  He is a great example.   I stumbled on this program rather indire…[Read more]

  • It is pretty amazing how this works every time we commit. Mel, I’m thrilled by your success! I know you are going to take this all the way to your goal.

    I have to say this week’s challenge has kept me from exercising any options I have afforded myself in the past.  During weak moments of hunger, knowing that you are all counting on me, and…[Read more]

  • Mel!  Way to go!!!  Look at your total pounds down…18! :crazyexcited: :crazyexcited: :crazyexcited:

    You must feel so good!

    Keep on a goin’!

    I’m very conscious of our commitment and haven’t fallen off the wagon. I’m still going strong, and will weigh Monday morning.

    We are 1/2 way through the week!

  • Carmel replied to the topic Check In in the forum The Slimming Station Diet 5 years ago

    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Way to go Mel! It’s late so this will be short…your post made me smile. Loved your story from today!  :yahoo: Talk again tomorrow. :bye:</p>

  • Carmel started the topic Check In in the forum The Slimming Station Diet 5 years ago

    Hello!  If you are new here or not so new,  currently doing 5BD, how is it going for you?  We are here to support each other and cheer each other on! :woowoo:

    Mel and Sheila, are we all on track today for our  challenge? If anyone of us  is having a hard time, please reach out and  let us know.  We can do our best to help and encourage each o…[Read more]

  • It’s posted at the bottom of the recorded chat

    list :-)

  • Dr. Lewis,

    I have a comment and a question.

    Ate my first Snickers of the day at 11AM, and took my blood reading 3 hours later.

    Glucose 76
    Ketones 1.1
    Glucose Ketone Index of 3.84 ( GKI of 3-6 is MODERATE Level of Ketosis )

    As you said, 1 bar is  a small amount of sugar, but when in the past when I’ve studied “the internets” for info on how to…[Read more]

  • Thanks for the pat on the back, Dr. Lewis! It helps… A LOT!

    Mel, Glad you understand about talking back to sabotaging thoughts.  Sometimes I feel like a crazy person, but it works! I know what you mean about the backlash of high blood sugar.  It is much more tolerable on 5 Bites. The hunger totally disappeared in 20 mins, once I started to g…[Read more]

  • Mel, it was lovely just hearing your peppy voice! I totally respect and didn’t even question you not showing your face.  I’m just so happy you were there! I am cheering us all on!

    This morning I woke up HUNGRY! Growling, desiring. Then I heard the voice of “fat talking” trying to leverage me off of my commitment.  But that voice met a brick w…[Read more]

  • Carmel changed their profile picture 5 years ago

  • Correction… the weight loss challenge MEL presented; Dr. Lewis affirmed and gave us a number to aim toward.  (Gotta give credit where credit it due :yes: )

  • Hi All!  Great chat tonight!  Thanks for being there and supporting us Dr. Lewis.  You always look so healthy and glad to always see your thin smiling face! Great to meet you tonight Mel and Sheila!  Missed you Gayle – hope to meet you another day.

    Ladies, we are going to rock this!  I LOVE the weight loss challenge Dr. Lewis presented.  I’m…[Read more]

  • Glad to see you here Sheila.  I joined last April and had great success until I gave up in August.  I’m back and ready to go! This is such a great program, and glad to know you know it works. Can’t wait to meet you on tonights chat!

     

  • I love that insight too.  Thank you for sharing.

    Monday night is the Zoom chat with Dr. Lewis, 6:00 PST.

    Dr. Lewis, are you having a call  this week?

  • Carmel replied to the topic Lessons learned in the forum The Slimming Station Diet 5 years ago

    Yes I agree! :yes:

  • What a GREAT report Mel! I love all the positivity too! It really helps.  Another wonderful weekend under your belt!  You are spot on!  Soon those clothes are going to bag on you :woowoo: Do you still like eating at noon and 5 better than earlier?

    I just had dinner at my sons house, whom we haven’t seen in months. I was a bit nervous without my…[Read more]

  • GREAT insights Gayle, thank you!  Thanks for letting me pick your brain.  I didn’t realize about the 2-3 lbs once you stop eating 5Bites.  Good to know! Love “never miss the food I chose not to eat”!

  • Thanks for sharing all the ways you get through tough times.  It’s always nice to know how others are succeeding and that all the discomfort will be worth it.

    I can’t wait to know how skinny feels, too.

    The goal I set for myself when I landed here was 127 which was my lowest adult weight. But that was for about 6 months  when I was 22…I was a…[Read more]

  • Load More